Thursday 11 February 2010

3D Ship Development

Today I started to make my 3D ship based on teh concept art I have been working on.
I started by making a box shipe primitive and converting it into an editable mesh. Once I had done that I started to extrude the faces and edges of teh ship carefully to make it into the shape of a coffin.

I then went through each of the vertexes making sure none of them were out of place and where possible I welded them together to make it smoother and easier to work with.
The next thing I worked on was a second box shape again made into a rectangle shape. I then stareted to extrude that and work witht eh vertexes to make it smaller and to changed it so it had smooth edges. After doing that I repeated what I had done with the main body of the ship and welded together vertexes where needed.



Below is a version of that box extruded and smoothed. I am still working on extruding it to make it more like a tomb stone. This will then be placed with the main body of the ship to become its bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment