Thursday 4 November 2010

Architecture

Today in my 3D class, I was researching different architectural styles that could either be used in our trailer or give inspirations of things that can be used in the trailer.

I looked at 2 main architectural styles - Gothic and traditional Japanese architecture.

Through looking at many images of gothic architecture, I know that it isn't just stone gargoyles and scary scenes. The Gothic style has alot to do with symetry, lines and repetition. This is most obvious in the use of churches and cathedrals.


Whereas looking at traditional japanese architecture, the buildings are quite angula yet curved as well as being quire ornate in their own way.




By studying the images and how the buildings are designed and appear, these two architectural styles will affect the way I design my environments in my section of the trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment